2021 Stallion Nominations
2021 Stallion Nominations are closed!
Rules and Regulations:
• Minimum Fee. In the event that Owner’s stallion’s semen (the “Breeding”) does not sell for the minimum bid of $1000.00, Owner will purchase the Breeding for the minimum fee of $1000.00 (“Minimum Fee”). THE MINIMUM BID IS REQUIRED FOR BOTH AUCTIONS IF PARTICIPATING IN BOTH.
•Non Breeding Donations: If you do not stand your stallion due to medical reasons or the stallion is deceased but you continue to use frozen semen, you may choose not to “donate” a breeding but need to designate which class or classes your stallion’s progeny will be entering in. If you are participating in both the PB and HA you will be required to pay the $1000 nomination and cover BOTH minimum bids at $1000 each. If you are participating in just the PB or just the HA you must pay both the $1000 nomination fee and the $1000 minimum bid. This will require AWPA approval before entrance into the program.
•Nomination Fee. Owner will pay the annual stallion nomination fee of $1000.00 (the “Nomination Fee”) in full on or before December 1 of each year (the “Nomination Deadline”) that Owner wishes to submit for nomination. If Owner submits the Application (as defined below)and the Nomination Fee on or before the Nomination Deadline.
•Breeding Rights; Responsibility of Other Charges. Owner acknowledges that Minimum Fee and the Nomination Fee are for rights to sell the Breeding for the Stallion identified on page 1 of this Agreement. Purchaser will be responsible for all other CHARGES, including but not limited to the stallion contract provided by the stallion owner.
•Required Information. Owner must complete this application, complete stallion portion of purchasers’ agreement, provide copy of stallions registration papers, a signed breeding contract designated for AWPA auction listing all fees that will be associated with auction breeding, stallion profile, photos (maximum 3), and the payment of $1,000. See checklist before sending in nomination. All documents are required on or before December 1st in order to be eligible to be enrolled as a nominated stallion.
• Breeding Sale Procedure. Owner acknowledges that the Breeding will be sold via online auction through a auction company of AWPA’s choosing.
• Sale Subject to Rules and Regulations. Owner agrees that the Breeding will be sold subject to the AWPA rules and regulations, as may be amended from time to time at the discretion of AWPA.
• Damages. In the event that the purchaser at the sale fails to comply with the conditions of the sale, AWPA may terminate this Agreement and retain all payments as liquidated damages, or may, without further notice, pursue any and all remedies available at law or in equity, including without limitation, an action for specific performance.
• Release and Indemnification. Owner for themselves, their spouse, legal representative, heirs and assigns, hereby releases, waives, discharges and indemnifies AWPA, AWPA’s officers, directors and members from all liabilities to Owner, Owner’s spouse, legal representative, heirs and assigns for any loss or damage past, present or future on account of Owner’s donation of this Breeding at AWPA’s stallion breeding auction.
• Governing Law. Indiana law applies to this Agreement without regard to any choice-of-law rules that might direct the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any action respecting this Agreement will brought in Elkhart County, in the State of Indiana. The parties consider this agreement to be executed by their duly authorized representatives on the date mentioned above.
ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO AWPA SHALL BE DIRECTED TO:
ARABIAN WESTERN PLEASURE ASSOCIATION C/O
6150 Bennett Lawson Rd.
Mansfield, TX 76063
Attn: Michele Reser